The Region 8 Steering Committee is now accepting nominations for the following positions:
- Communications Coordinator
- Inclusion & Engagement Coordinator
- Technology Coordinator
- Alaska State Liaison
- Alberta Province Liaison
- British Columbia Province Liaison
- Montana State Liaison
- Oregon State Liaison
This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in taking on an excellent leadership position within the state/province, the region, and with NACADA. You DO NOT need to have leadership experience in NACADA. In fact, this is an excellent entry-level leadership opportunity for those of you who have been looking for a way to become more involved in NACADA and make Region 8 even greater!
Below is information about each open position as well as general expectations of steering committee members.
- Communications Coordinator oversees Region 8’s social media accounts (Facebook and Blog), helps promote upcoming events and opportunities, and initiates new and better ways of communicating within the region.
- Inclusion & Engagement Coordinator seeks, maintains, and communicates resources for advising underrepresented student populations and supporting faculty and staff from underrepresented populations, supports and develops professional development opportunities regarding diversity and inclusion issues locally and at the Region 8 conference, and encourages members to contribute to the expansion of diversity and inclusion related research, publications, and presentations.
- Technology Coordinator provides support, information, and education to region members in their use of technology and advising, identifies and maintains a community of technology-savvy members in the region, and seeks, maintains, and communicates resources for technology use in advising.
- State/Province Liaisons facilitate communication between allied organizations (state/province and campus organizations) and the region, help plan and coordinate outreach and/or professional development opportunities for their state/region and serve on Region 8 steering committee sub-committees (i.e. Awards Committee, Scholarship Committee).
Time Commitment: Attend the Steering Committee Meeting once a month (one hour) and 3-5 hours a month serving on sub-committees or event planning/outreach (depends on what project/sub-committee member is working on). Steering committee members serve a two-year term, with the option of serving a second two-year term. Attendance at regional and state/province conferences is encouraged but not required.
If you would like to run for any of these positions, please email me (email@example.com) your name, photo (jpeg preferred), institution, email, phone number, and a brief (about 150 word) statement about your background and why you are interested in serving in the position by Friday, January 11. Your personal statement will be posted on the voting website. Voting (online) will take place in mid-January, and the newly elected members will join the Steering Committee at the regional conference in March 2019 (either in person or via Zoom).
If you have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-897-9003.