There are only 7 days until we kick off the 2017 Region 8 Conference in Missoula, MT. The excitement for this conference has been amazing, and we have hit our max capacity, thus we officially CLOSED registration. For those who have already registered, onsite registration is still open for the pre-conference workshops, scheduled for Monday, April 10th. Thank you to everyone who registered for this event! For those who missed out on registration, look for information in the months to come about the 2018 Region 8 Conference in Portland, Oregon.
Now…here are a few things the conference planning committee wants you to know:
- This year, the R8 conference will offer several wellness activities. These activities include yoga, meditation, group running/walking, belly dancing and more. Look for these activities Tuesday/Wednesday.
- Our service project this year is YWCA of Missoula as our 2017 service project. In 2007, the YWCA Missoula created GUTS! – “Girls Using Their Strengths.” GUTS is a unique, community based leadership and empowerment program designed by and for young women, ages 9 to 18. GRIT, their newest program, aims to engage, educate, and empower young girls to explore careers in the trades and to see skill based work as attainable and a feasible career. GRIT staff will have a table during the conference and appreciate your generous cash contributions.
- There are a TON of amazing things to do in Missoula. Our conference hospitality committee has put together an extensive list for your enjoyment. Look for the R8 Program for a complete list.
- Is this your first NACADA Conference? ATTEND THE NEW MEMBER WELCOME & ORIENTATION. If this is your first time at a NACADA conference, attending the New Member Welcome & Orientation is highly encouraged. Come meet other new members, as well as members of the NACADA leadership, and learn about the exciting association of which you are now a part. Tuesday, April 11, 8:15-8:50 a.m. in Garden A. Grab your breakfast on your way in. See you there!
- Finally, I would personally like to thank our 2017 conference sponsors: SARS, Kansas State University, College Board and Emsi for their support of this amazing event. Also, I would like to thank the Holiday Inn Downtown Missoula for their hospitality and work helping us making this event one to remember.
There are many more tips and info to help you maximize your experience at this years conference. Make sure to stop by the hospitality and registration desk to pick up your conference program for more information!