September 14, 2016
It is once again time to nominate your colleagues for one of the Region 8 Excellence in Advising Awards! Or perhaps, you can apply for a Region 8 Conference Scholarship – we are offering those too! Do you have a colleague who you feel epitomized the greatness that is Region 8? If so, NOMINATE THEM FOR AN AWARD! The Region 8 Steering Committee is now accepting nominations for the 2017 region awards.
Award nominations are open for the following categories:
Region 8 Excellence in Advising Awards:
- Region 8 Excellence in Advising – New Advisor Award: This category recognizes individuals who have demonstrated qualities associated with outstanding academic advising of students and who have served as an advisor for a period of three (3) or fewer years.
- Region 8 Excellence in Advising – Advisor Primary Role Award: This category recognizes individuals whose primary role at the institution is the direct delivery of advising services to students.
- Region 8 Excellence in Advising – Faculty Academic Advisor Award: This category recognizes individuals whose primary responsibility is teaching and who spend a portion of their time providing academic advising services to students.
- Region 8 Excellence in Advising – Advising Administrator Award: This category recognizes individuals who may provide direct academic advising services to students but whose primary responsibility is as an administrator or director of an academic advising program.
- Region 8 Excellence in Advising – Institutional Administrator Award: This category recognizes individuals at the upper level of institutional administration (Presidents, Provosts, Vice Provosts, etc.) who have demonstrated a commitment to advising and advisors on their campuses.
- Region 8 Excellence in Advising – Technology in Advising: The Advising Technology Award recognizes the most creative and unique uses of technology that support academic advising.
Note: Applicants/Nominees must be current members of NACADA (except Administrators).
The submission procedure is simple! Submit a nomination letter, letters of support, a resume or curriculum vita, and a personal philosophy statement. More information on award requirements can be found on the Region 8 Awards Page.
The DEADLINE for these awards is November 1st, 2016! Winners will be announced in early December and recognized in Missoula at the Regional Conference in April, 2017.
Region 8 Scholarship Program:
Once again, Region 8 is able to offer $500 scholarships to support conference registration and annual membership fees, the remainder will be available to reimburse conference attendance expenditures for the 2017 Region 8 Conference in Missoula, MT. Multiple scholarships are available.
The scholarship application DEADLINE is also November 1st, 2016!
Scholarship applications will be evaluated on the alignment the applicant’s goals for participation in NACADA. Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate an understanding of NACADA’s vision, mission and strategic goals.
The application procedure is simple! Provide some general information, and answer four short questions (each limited to 500 words or less, which will allow you to articulate the reasons you deserve one of these scholarships!
Winners will be announced in late November.
Award and scholarship deadlines are November 1st, 2016! Please follow the online submission steps:
- Go to the Awards and Scholarship Application Portal: http://apps.nacada.ksu.edu/conferences/awards/NM01Login.php#
- Enter a password (save this password for future reference)
- Select Region 8
- Select the award for which you are applying in the “Category” drop down
- For Scholarship application choose the last option in the drop down, below the Awards
- Enter the requested information for each category
- Any uploaded documents must be in pdf form.
- Once you submit, the application is final and changes cannot be made.