NACADA Region 8 Excellence in Advising Awards
It is time to nominate your colleagues (or yourself) for a 2017 NACADA Region 8 Excellence in Advising Award! Do you have colleagues who you feel epitomize the great advising practice that is valued in Region 8? NOMINATE THEM FOR AN AWARD!
Award nominations are now open for the following categories:
Region 8 Excellence in Advising Awards:
- Excellence in Advising – Advisor Primary Role: Recognizes individuals whose primary role at the institution is the direct delivery of advising services to students.
- Excellence in Advising – Faculty Advisor Award: Recognizes individuals whose primary responsibility is teaching and who spend a portion of their time providing academic advising services to students.
- Excellence in Advising – New Advisor Award: Recognizes individuals who have demonstrated qualities associated with outstanding academic advising and who have served as an advisor for a period of three (3) or fewer years.
- Excellence in Advising – Advising Administrator Award: Recognizes individuals who may provide direct academic advising services to students but whose primary responsibility is as an administrator or director of an academic advising program.
- Excellence in Advising – Institutional Administrator Award: Recognizes individuals at the upper level of institutional administration (Presidents, Provosts, Vice Provosts, etc.) who have a demonstrated commitment to advising and advisors on their campuses.
- Excellence in Advising – Advising Technology Award: The Advising Technology Award recognizes the most creative and unique uses of technology to support academic advising. Electronic tools used to support and enhance advising can include advising websites, databases, electronic portfolios, online tutorials, software applications, social media, and other forms of technology. Special application submission criteria exist for this award – please review the submission instructions carefully.
Submitting an award application is an online process requiring a nomination letter, letters of support and a current résumé or CV. Additional information and a link to the submission portal are available on the Region 8 Awards Information
The DEADLINE for awards submissions is November 1st, 2016. Winners will be announced in early 2017, and recognized at the NACADA Region 8 Conference in Missoula, Montana (April 10-12, 2017).