Hello Region 8!
On June 22nd, 2016, Oregon will host their first Advising Drive-In Conference since 2002! Registration for this event is currently open, but the early bird deadline is coming fast. Registration is only $35.00 ($25.00 for grad students), but this rate is only available until May 15th. Get registered now.
A few key things to know about this conference.
- This conference will be held at Western Oregon University in Monmouth, Oregon. It will be a one-day conference from 8:30-5:00.
- We have two keynote speakers, Dr. Charlie Nutt, Executive Director of NACADA: The Global Community for Academic Advising, and Dr. Brett McFarlane Director of Advising for the University of California: Davis.
- There will be 4 concurrent sessions, each with 4 presentations, for a total of 16 amazing sessions to choose from!
- We will be voting on the by-laws to officially launch the Oregon Academic Advising Association (OAAA), the official Oregon Allied Advising group for NACADA.
- Conference registration is open to everyone, you do not need to a be a current/active member of NACADA to register.
- We still have several free grad student registrations still available (courtesy of Nicole Kent). Simply fax in your registration and you will be notified if you have received one of our free grad registrations. Note: You must be enrolled in graduate credits at least half time AND work less than 20 hours in an advising office.
To register for this conference, or for more information, please visit our website: http://www.wou.edu/OR-Advising-Conference.
If you have any additional questions, please contact the conference chair, Alexander Kunkle (firstname.lastname@example.org).