Greetings NACADA Conference participants,
We appreciate all of those who have already contacted the Volunteer and Hospitality Committees for the 2016 Region 8 conference in Seattle. Without out your help this great regional conference would not be possible.
With that being said we still have many options for those of you who are interested in getting involved and volunteering in this year’s conference. In particular we are looking for volunteers to help in these areas:
1) Registration/Info Table – Answer conference-related questions, help direct traffic, and assist with registering participants
2) Collect Session Evaluations –Distribute/collect evaluation slips during a breakout session you plan to attend, and return to Registration table
3) Tabulate Session Evaluations— Compile session evaluations, tabulate and record scores, and bundle evaluations for presenter pick-up
4) Hospitality Table – Answer questions about the local area (volunteers should be knowledgeable about the Seattle area)
5) Dinner Host – Serve as the host for a group of 8 – 10 members for dinner at a pre-arranged local establishment
The benefits for volunteering are many for both you and the conference, especially if you are a first time attendee. If you are interested in helping making this a great conference for all of those in attendance, please volunteer!
In a few weeks we will send out a link where you can sign up online for any of the opportunities above. In the meantime, e-mail Peggy Sharp at email@example.com, May Lim at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Rachel Allen at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Thanks and we look forward to seeing you in Seattle. 8 is GREAT!
Peggy Sharp, May Lim, and Rachel Allen
(Hospitality and Registration Co-Chairs)
AS A REMINDER, the Early Bird Deadline is DECEMBER 16th! Get registered now!