It is once again time to nominate your colleagues for one of the Region 8 Excellence in Advising Awards! Or perhaps, you can apply for a Region 8 Conference Scholarship, we are offering those too! So I want to ask you one thing…Look to your left and then look to your right. Do you see someone sitting in your office who you feel epitomized the greatness that is Region 8? If so, NOMINATE THEM FOR AN AWARD! The Region 8 steering committee is now accepting nominations for the 2015 regional awards.
Award nominations are open for the following categories:
Region 8 Excellence in Advising Awards:
- Region 8 Excellence in Advising – New Advisor Award: This category recognizes new faculty or professional advisors (three or fewer years) who, early in their careers, have demonstrated qualities associated with excellence in academic advising. The potential for two award winners exist at this level.
- Region 8 Excellence in Advising – New Advisor Award: This category is to recognize new faculty or professional advisors (three or fewer years) who, early in their careers, have demonstrated qualities associated with excellence in academic advising. Two awards available at this level.
- Region 8 Excellence in Advising – Professional Academic Advisor Award: This category recognizes experienced professional advisors who have a demonstrated record of excellence in academic advising.
- Region 8 Excellence in Advising – Faculty Academic Advisor Award: This category recognizes experienced faculty advisors who have a demonstrated record of excellence in academic advising.
- Region 8 Excellence in Advising – Advising Administrator Award: This category recognizes individuals who have exhibited excellence in their primary role as an administrator or director of an academic advising program.
- Region 8 Excellence in Advising – Institutional Administrator Award: This category recognizes individuals at the upper level of institutional administration (Presidents, Provosts, Vice Provosts, etc.) who have a demonstrated commitment to advising and advisors on their campuses.
- Region 8 Excellence in Advising – Technology in Advising:
The Advising Technology Award recognizes the most creative and unique uses of technology that support academic advising.
The submission procedure is simple! Submit a nomination letter, letters of support and a personal philosophy statement! More information on all of these components can be found on the Region 8 Awards Page.
The DEADLINE for these awards is November 1st, 2015! MARK IT ON YOUR CALENDAR. Winners will be announced in early December at recognized in Seattle at the Regional Conference in March!
Now, you have looked to your right, and you have looked to your left…NOW LOOK IN THE MIRROR! Do you deserve recognition? How does a $500 scholarship sound? NACADA wants to give you support! Take advantage of the opportunities to and support yourself in the process:
Region 8 Scholarship Program:
Once again, Region 8 has the great fortune to offer up to a $500 scholarship towards conference expenses for the Region 8 Conference in Seattle, WA. You may be thinking, oh, I won’t get the single $500 scholarship…but have no fear! WE HAVE SEVERAL scholarships available…all up to $500 possible.
To keep things simple, the deadline remains the same as the awards…The DEADLINE for these scholarships is November 1st, 2015! MARK IT ON YOUR CALENDAR.
Nominations will be evaluated on the alignment their goals for attendance and participation in NACADA both regionally and nationally. Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate an understanding of NACADA’s vision, mission and strategic goals.
The submission procedure is simple! There will be several demographic responses required in the submission. Also, with the demographic questions, there will be 4 questions, each will be limited to 500 words or less, which will allow for you to articulate the reasons in which you deserve one of these scholarships!
Winners will be announced in late November.
SO ONE FINAL TIME!!! This process is simple. As we know, both deadlines are set for November 1st, 2015! All you need to do is follow the online submission steps:
- Enter a password
- Select your region
- Select the award which your are applying for
- Write down your password just in case you need to come back and finish your application
- Enter in all the requested information for each category
- If you are requested to upload any documents, they must be in pdf form.
- Once you hit submit, the application is final, so if you need to return and finish later, do not hit submit!