Our presentation proposal committee for the Region 8 Conference in Seattle has extended the proposal deadline! The new deadline is now September 30th! Get your presentation proposals in while you still have time!!! Click here to submit your proposal.
As a reminder, this year’s Region 8 Conference will be centered around four focus areas: Sustainability, Innovation, Inclusivity, & 2-Year Colleges. Presenters are encouraged (though not limited) to consider session proposals that address one or more of the focus areas when crafting proposals.
- Sustainability: ability to be sustained, supported, upheld, or confirmed – including our work with students, our advisor training, and our campus policies and regulations
- Innovation: the introduction of something new and different, utilizing new methods in our work with students and advisor development
- Inclusivity: how are you including all the stakeholders within your campus community? What programs or initiatives support inclusion and retention of underrepresented populations.
- Two-year colleges: initiatives and programs that support advisors and students at our two year college partners.
NEW THIS YEAR: Poster Session! Please consider submitting a proposal for a poster session. Poster sessions are common at the Annual NACADA conference, but new this year for our Regional Conference. Help us make it a success!
- Consider submitted a proposal for a poster session. This is a great opportunity for interactive presentations of new ideas and programming as well as demonstrations of putting theory to practice.
- Poster sessions present an opportunity to allow both presenters and participants to engage in in-depth discussions about their advising programs, research or activity.
- Posters should be structured around one (or more) of the four focus areas for the 2016 NACADA Region 8 Conference: sustainability, innovation, inclusivity, and two-year college initiatives and programs. They should be of a professional nature, with clear and concise messaging and formatting. You can find some tips here!
Thank you for contributing your time, energy and expertise to making the regional conference a success. We look forward to seeing you at the Motif in Seattle January 20-22nd!