At the 2013 annual conference, the program contained a few key pieces of information about etiquette at conferences. Many people remarked at how much they liked that the program contained this information.
Our Region 8 conference will have similar information in our program. Here are some things we all know, but friendly reminders are in order at a conference of this size:
- Do not talk while a speaker is at the podium
- Turn off cell phones or set on vibrate during sessions
- Do not answer a cell call while in a session; leave the room if you must do so
- Do not go from room to room picking up handouts before the presenters begin their sessions
- Sit in the back of the room if you plan to leave a session early
- If you enter a session early, move to a seat away from the door to save seats for late arrivals
- Introduce yourself to someone in each session or while waiting in line for an event, not only will you make a new contact, you may learn something
Lets kick this conference off right! Wednesday night, the welcome reception will be traveling via boat across Lake Coeur D’Alene. See you all there!