At the 2013 annual conference, the program contained a few key pieces of information about etiquette at conferences. Many people remarked at how much they liked that the program contained this information.
Our Region 8 conference will have similar information in our program. Here are some things we all know, but friendly reminders are in order at a conference of this size:
- Do not talk while a speaker is at the podium
- Turn off cell phones or set on vibrate during sessions
- Do not answer a cell call while in a session; leave the room if you must do so
- Do not go from room to room picking up handouts before the presenters begin their sessions
- Sit in the back of the room if you plan to leave a session early
- If you enter a session early, move to a seat away from the door to save seats for late arrivals
- Introduce yourself to someone in each session or while waiting in line for an event, not only will you make a new contact, you may learn something
One more day until we kick this conference off! Thursday night, the welcome reception will be across the street from the conference hotel at the Renaissance Hotel Vista Lounge. See you all there!