Dear Region 8 colleagues,
The Region 8 Steering Committee is now accepting nominations for the following positions: Montana State Liaison Oregon State Liaison British Columbia Province Liaison Yukon Territory Province Liaison State and Province Liaison duties:
- Represent province/state/territory interests at the regional level
- Promote NACADA membership amongst academic advisors in the province/state/territory
- Participate in setting goals, strategy, and budget for the region
- Encourage and facilitate awards nomination process amongst schools in their province/state/territory
- Encourage local professional development through province/state/territory level conferences
Eligibility and expectations:
- All nominees must have been a NACADA member for at least one year at the time of nomination.
- State or Province Liaison nominations must be from individuals working in that state/province.
- Elected individuals for the Liaison positions serve a two-year term. Individuals are limited to two consecutive terms in the same position.
- Liaison terms begin at the start of the next regional conference. Steering committee members are expected to attend all Region 8 conferences during their tenure (three in total for a one-term member). Annual conference attendance is encouraged, but not mandatory.
- Steering committee members participate in multiple teleconference meetings each year.
Application and election process
- The nomination form is online: https://oregon.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_002iD67QMrJS0Kx NOMINATION DEADLINE: February 10, 2014, 11:59PM PST.
- Elections will be held electronically in mid-February. Results will be announced in March.
If you have any questions, please let me know.Regards, Sally Garner Region 8 Chair email@example.com 541-346-0117
P.S. from your COMM Coordinator…there are national/international elections also taking place. An email was sent from the main NACADA email. This details several positions which Region 8 members are running for and also it is your chance to select your incoming Region 8 Chair. Voting information is separate from this nomination process and should begin in February. Watch your email inbox from NACADA for more information!